OLD LINE MUSIC has provided historical research to print, film and recorded music projects.
Here is a sample of our most recent efforts.
Easy Eye SoundProvided master source recordings for “Son of Rumble” b/w “Whole Lotta Talking” vinyl / digital release on Dan Auerbach’s Easy Eye Sound record label.
Sourced unreleased photographs for accompanying video and picture sleeve.
- Consultation and archival material provided for the music documentary film RUMBLE: The Indians Who Rocked the World. This 2017 Sundance and HotDocs award winning documentary is currently in theaters across the United States and Canada.
- Liner notes for the Link Wray EARLY RECORDINGS / GOOD ROCKIN’ TONIGHT compilation CD.
- Sourced unpublished photographs for the THREE TRACK SHACK inner CD booklet.
- Sourced an unpublished photo of Link Wray used on THE SWAN SINGLES COLLECTION reissue CD, an exhaustively documented release from Rollercoaster Records.
- Sourced an unpublished photo of Link Wray used on the RUMBLE picture sleeve 45 for Sundazed Music’s 2014 Record Store Day release.
- Link Wray is a rock and roll pioneer. Link made the guitar the weapon of choice in rock and roll. For almost two decades, we have been honored to help his family bring this legend his overdue recognition in rock and roll history.
- Spokesperson for the Link Wray estate.
- SEE OUR WEBSITE here.
Florida Folklife Festival
- Research and archival material provided for the the Florida Folk Heritage Award presented to Sun / Chess / Vee-Jay recording artist William R. “Billy the Kid” Emerson.
- Featured speaker at Billy’s Florida Folk Heritage Award ceremony.
Billy “The Kid” Emerson
- Billy “The Kid” Emerson is the earliest surviving Sun Records artist, having released his first sides 63 years ago. Sun Records is the birthplace of rock and roll, and no other African American artist released more music on Sun than Billy. We are honored to help him administer his music catalog.
- SEE OUR WEBSITE on Billy here.
- Billy “The Kid” Emerson’s songs have been recorded by the likes of Brian Setzer, Delbert McClinton, Jimmie Vaughan, Ann Margaret, Rod Stewart and Elvis Presley.
- We are honored to work with this music legend in reacquiring his musical copyrights.
- For inquires on Billy’s songs, Tarpon Records or Riverline Music, please contact us.
Pin-Up America Magazine
- Numerous historical articles, profiles and archival materials of rockabilly and American Roots musicians including Marshall Lytle of Bill Haley’s Comets, Link Wray, Deke Dickerson, Levi Dexter and others. Here’s a sample -
Dunn (NC) Area History Museum
- Consultation and archival material provided for the Link Wray exhibit.
Native American Music Awards
- Co-segment producer of the Link Wray induction ceremony during the 2006 NAMMY Awards.
Open all Close all
OLD LINE MUSIC - historical research